Thursday, June 26, 2014

Happy Birthday Amelie!! We remember....



Here we are again. Another Birthday. She would have turned 3 years old today. Time truly does fly fast when you have children...and when you have children who have died....it still flies. Another cruel reminder from life that they are not here, not getting older yet we are, not blowing out candles like they should be.

Like all her birthdays I just wanted to curl up in bed and cry (which I admit I did for a while). I made myself get out of bed and start the day, no real plans this year, nothing spectacular like the two past birthdays. I was scared people wouldn't remember. Some forgot who I expected to reach out, maybe they didn't forget but they didn't do anything to remember either.....no card or phone call or even an email or text message....anything. If she was here they would have.

Remembrance however still came, in fact from many different places some which I didn't even expect. By the end of the day I saw how many truly cared, remembered, didn't forget and so I choose to focus on this instead. Honesty, such kind gestures got me through the day, people showing their love for Amelie through kind and thoughtful gestures. An invitation to breakfast to celebrate her, beautiful yellow flowers arrived at our door (Amelie's color), a gorgeous plant for Amelie's Garden (still a work in progress), cards, emails, thoughtful Facebook messages. A beautiful gift and gesture from a dear friend another bereaved mother; a stuffed toy for Ryder wearing a t-shirt with a picture of Amelie, saying "my big sister Amelie". (Only another mother of an angel would have known to do this).

Without all these kind gestures, this day would have been so much harder.....I am so grateful for all these wonderful friends and family and most of all I am so grateful for my Amelie.

Just a few of the many gestures and gifts received from all over the world. 
For her...

a few of the many things we received...
from my mum in England
Amelie's Great Grandmother and my Aunt in Hungary
a beautiful plant from Amelie's Grandparents to go in Amelie's Garden
I donated Amelie's Clothes to Towers Of Love a charity for homeless or abused women who are expecting babies. I know Amelie would have wanted her clothes to go to good use. Our Act of Kindness for Amelie this year.



2 comments:

Mama Bear said...

Hugs to your family!

Molly said...

Happy belated birthday to your precious girl! Next month is 4 yrs for me. *sigh

Total Pageviews